Hello hello hello.
I think it is mandatory to always bake when ya got company over. I feel obliged to. Almost like a tea party date, except it’s a surprise. No one has tea parties anymore…
I’ve been going through a big cheesecake phase these days. Some good stuff has been happening! These were easy and pretty good. Next time I would add peanut butter in the cheesecake batter to intensify the flavour. If you prefer light and delicate tasting cheesecake, these are for you.
I’m also really into gingersnap cookie crumb crusts. Such a perfect flavour combo and I’ve heard good feedback on it. Make these for your friends when they come over and have a surprise tea party. That’s what friends do for friends.
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chip Cheesecake Bars
- 1/2 cup crushed gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted (then cooked slightly) butter
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp (or more to your taste) flour
- 2 x 8 oz cream cheese packages
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt (I used honey flavoured)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
when cheesecake is cooled, heat up chocolate in microwave and spread evenly over cheesecake. slice into bars and stuff yo face.
Have a phenomenal weekend!