I know for a fact that whenever I’m baking, most of what I eat is the batter and not so much the final cookie/cake/brownie. WHo doesn’t love cookie dough? Get me a straw and I’ll slurp up that banana bread batter. I’m sure most of you feel the same!
Thus the inspiration for this shake. A healthy, non-scary-salmonella-raw-eggs-in-my-drank smoothie that tastes every bit as delicious as the real deal! The variations that can be had with this recipe are mind boggling! Carrot cake shake? Apple pie shake? !!!????!!!??
Cake Batter Milkshake
- 1 frozen banana, cut into pieces (or 1 scoop ice cream)
- 1 cup milk (or use cream for a more decadent dessert)
- 1 tbsp nut butter or coconut butter (don’t skip! It provides the buttery taste!)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- dash salt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips (or cocoa powder, depending on wether you want chocolate chip cookie or chocolate cake flavour)
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp sprinkles + 1 tsp to garnish
Throw all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth. If you want a thicker shake, use less milk. If you want a runnier “batter” like shake, add more milk. Top shakes with sprinkles and enjoy!